Monday, November 26, 2012

Don't Look Back

Don’t Look Back       

By: Alyson Ann Klimitchek

Sitting in a church one bright Sunday,
the priest is telling us his story.
Said he dropped out of college and quit his job.
Packed his bags and kissed his mom.
Knew that God was asking him for it all.
                He said and if this is how you feel too,
                I’m going to tell you what you must do….
He said go, and don’t look back ‘cause if you look back you’re going to go back!

Late summer night talking with a friend,
reminiscing on how blessed we’d been.
Even though we both knew we weren’t meant to be,
I loved him and he loved me.
Yet neither of us could ever truly be free.
                He held me tight, said remember to pray,
                and now listen carefully to what I say….
You have to go, and don’t look back ‘cause if you look back you’re going to go back!

If you desire eternal life,
deny yourself, take your cross, and follow Jesus Christ.
“I will follow you wherever you may lead
but my father I must first wait to bury
and then let me say farewell to my family.”
                Christ answers let the dead bury their dead,
                proclaim the kingdom, and understand what I’ve said….
Don’t, don’t look back ‘cause if you look back you’re going to go back!
 
So come follow me and take my hand.
I want to show you what I have planned.
Now is the time, this is your cue.
Trust in me, I love you.
Rest in my side, I’ll see you through.
                I made these desires in your heart,
                but it’s up to you if we even start…
Come, and don’t look back cause if you look back you’re going to go back!  

I’m not looking back!