Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 Points to Remember

2012 Points to Remember
  • This year began in Boston towards the back of a quiet chapel in the presence of Jesus in the Eucharist. I was letting go of 2011 and letting Jesus love me at the beginning of 2012.
  • This was a year of being stretched, doing things I thought I couldn’t. I gave a talk, the R&C talk at Aggie Awakening 94. It’s a talk not commonly delivered by girls especially quiet ones like me.
  • This year I felt the devil trying to convince me that I wasn’t worthy or qualified but I heard Jesus louder saying, “Be My Voice.”
  • This year I survived the worries, and stress and laziness of senioritis and graduated from Texas A&M University.
  • This year I told God I wanted to be His smile for people, to give people hope.
  • This year I said goodbye to many dear friends. I have begun to feel the effects of changing relationships with people not so near anymore.
  • This year I co-directed a retreat and learned how to talk without my notes.
  • This year I had the honor of having my feet washed by a best friend and spiritual brother Fr. Michael Sullivan.
  • This year I started receiving the Eucharist on my tongue on All Saint’s Day
  • This year Fr. Tommy became my spiritual director in August
  • This year I made a few new friends.
  • This year I began a blog
  • This year I had my first real teaching experience taking over Mrs. Klimitchek’s classes for a month.
  • This year was really hard
  • This year at times I wanted to crawl in a hole and be invisible
  • This year held real struggles, temptations and times I fell
  • This year Mrs. Janak passed away, she’s one of the sweetest ladies I ever knew.
  • This year I began a scrapbook
  • This year I helped clean General Earl Rudder’s house
  • This year upon coming back to St. Mary’s realized how much I’d really be missing it
  • This year I experienced maybe my last Easter Vigil at St. Mary’s.
  • This year I said goodbye to Nagle Hall
  • This year I had my purse stolen
  • This year I caught a shark
  • This year I went on my first silent retreat and Fr. Brian took us to the roots
  • This year ……………..
  • This year held many wonderful conversations
  • This year I made a bug collection and achieved the highest score on it.
  • This year I made a small selfless decision and God blessed me generously
  • This year I had an Awakening family with a husband Nick and great kids.
  • This year I coordinated a Holy Hour with a best friend Henry
  • This year I had some great memories with friends
  • This year God taught me a lot about myself
  • This year I learned that I’m not enough, but He makes me enough.
  • This year I'm going to mass at 11:30 and again will ring in the New Year in the presence of Christ in the Eucharist.